Softwood, hardwood, no type of wood is the same. Where does the wood come from? What properties and characteristics does it have? What can it be used for? And why is one type of wood better suited for certain applications than another? Properties, applications of coniferous and hardwood, qualities & sizes, durability, imperfections, moisture content, drying, gluing, processing and finishing etc etc.
During the course you will learn everything about the origin of wood, wood species, its characteristics and applications. When you experience this process from tree to plank, you are more aware of the wood product and you give sound advice with more confidence and conviction. Theory is alternated with practical examples and assignments.
About the Basic Wood Course
This course is extremely suitable for a wide audience: for anyone who wants to refresh his/her knowledge and for new employees, for example. Employees in the wood trade, carpentry and construction industry and support staff (administration, reception) benefit from this course.
Purpose of the Basic Wood Course
Providing a solid basic knowledge in the field of wood.
Topics of the Basic Wood Course
- The forest and forest types
- Forestry and forest management
- Wood, the structure and the difference between coniferous and deciduous wood
- Properties, wood moisture content, flammability
- The sawing techniques
- Imperfections in wood
- Wood species
- An inspiring and educational day with colleagues
- Theoretical knowledge that anyone can apply directly in his/her work
- Course material: all theory in a clear document
- Opportunity to Network
- An extensive and healthy lunch
- Students receive a certificate of participation
- Level course: MBO
- Starting level course: MBO (obtained through education or work experience)
- Length/duration: 1 day
- Objective: During the course everything is learned about the origin of wood, wood species, its characteristics and applications.
- Study load: 1 day
- Qualifications testing: if you are present all day, the student will receive a certificate of participation
- Target group: this course is ideal for a wide audience: for anyone who wants to refresh his/her knowledge and for new employees, for example. Employees in the wood trade, carpentry and construction industry and support staff (administration, reception) benefit from this course.
- Study material: student receives at the start of the course
- Price: € 425,- per student (excl. VAT)
- Location: IEB office, in Wilp, The Netherlands
- Date course: to be determined
- Minimum number of participants: 6
- This course can also be requested in-company
- This course is recognized by the SSWT. Companies that fall under the collective labor agreement for the carpentry industry can apply for a subsidy from the SSWT for a contribution towards the costs of training and absenteeism.