Being able to grading wood by strength is an important skill for wood sorters and cutlery seekers. A condition for the introduction of CE marking on structural timber (since 1 January 2012) is that the employees responsible for sorting timber have followed an instruction/training in the field of strength grading of wood. Learning how to grade wood smoothly and correctly is central during these training sessions.
This course is available in a softwood (in accordance with NEN 5499) and hardwood variant (in accordance with NEN 5493 and BS 5756) and is always given within your own company. Our teachers are experts in the field of visual strength grading and can transfer the knowledge in this area like no other.
Grading wood visually by strength is a skill, this means that you actually need to practice to master this. Therefore, in this training, after a short theoretical explanation, special attention is paid to learning the skills through practical exercises. This means that the participants will get to work themselves. Direct and targeted individual feedback on the performance of the students ensures an optimal learning effect. The groups are deliberately kept small, so that there is a lot of personal attention.
It is recommended that a refresher training of one day be held annually. On this day, the knowledge is being refreshed and the skills are practiced again. A final test shows whether one has (still) mastered the skills.
About the Wood Strength Grading course
This course is for employees in the carpentry, wood and construction industry who are responsible for sorting wood and/or for finding specifications for the purpose of performing their (new) position.
- An inspiring and educational day with colleagues
- Theoretical knowledge and especially practical skills that anyone can apply directly in his/her work
- Students receive a certificate when they pass
- Level course: LBO/MBO
- Starting level course: LBO (obtained through education or work experience)
- Length/duration: basic course = 2 days, refresher course = 1 day
- Objective: to be able to sort wood visually by strength
- Study load: basic course = 2 days, refresher course = 1 day
- Qualifications testing: upon passing the exam, the student will receive a certificate (validity of one year) or a certificate (validity of two years), depending on whether it concerns a basic or refresher course
- Target group: this course is for employees in the carpentry, wood and construction industry who are responsible for grading wood and/or for searching specifications for the purpose of performing their (new) position.
- Study material: student receives at the start of the course
- Price on request
- Location: in agreement
- Date course: in-company on request
- Maximum number of participants: 8
- This course can also be requested in-company
- This course is recognized by the SSWT. Companies that fall under the Collective Labor Agreement for the Carpentry Industry can apply for a subsidy from the SSWT for a contribution towards course and lost time costs.